Please note that this not an event associated with The University of Tulsa. All inquiries and accomodations must be made through TYRA (contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org) thanks for your attention on this.
Date: August 12th, 2023
Time: 8:00 am to 10:00 am
Location: The University of Tulsa (Mabee Gymnasium Building) – click for map location.
Find Out About Our Two-Week Basic Training
The clinic will be run by 1992 Great Britain Junior National Team Member, Division I Athlete, USRowing Level III Coach, Neil Bergenroth.
Bergenroth has led the Tulsa Youth Rowing Association to success and growth on a National and International Stage, brings 30 years of experience in the sport, and now specializes in coaching professional development and various rowing outreach projects in the Tulsa community.
The free clinic will start at 8 am and conclude at 10 am. The clinic’s primary goal is to teach rowing fundamentals that help improve technique and performance on the Concept2 rowing machine.
At the end of the clinic, there will be a discussion about our rowing programs for adults, and youth and our RowingSTEM outreach initiatives, and we ask that in return for the free instruction, you stay for this discussion. Our mission is to help make rowing a more inclusive and accessible sport in Tulsa. In addition, our STEM curriculum provides a framework to help students learn science and develop healthy lifestyles.
For more information on Tulsa Youth Rowing Association, please visit http://www.okrowing.org. For more information on the gROW Tulsa Outreach Initiative please visit http://www.okrowing.org/grow-tulsa/ or view the summary video here: https://youtu.be/AZbwhelDWlM
Schedule Of Events (8 am to 10 am)
- Welcome and Introduction.
- Setting yourself up on the machine up correctly.
- Why drag factor is more important than setting the fan.
- Learning how to connect with the machine.
- The biomechanics of the rowing stroke.
- The ideal warm-up drill.
- A sequence for teaching stroke sequence.
- Technical drills to improve technique and power application.
- Identifying the major technical faults and how to fix them.
- Using the force curve to evaluate athlete technique and power application.
- Time permitting we will spend some time rowing in the tank at TU.
- Questions and answers section.
- Conclusion and thanks!