Last Date to register: Saturday, March 12th, 2022
WHO & WHAT?
The Tulsa Youth Rowing Association (TYRA) gROWth program is open to all 7th through 12th-grade student-athletes. This is a recreational program for those who are either trying the sport for the first time or who are not ready for the commitment of being on the competitive team. Activities include learning how to row in rowing shells, handling equipment, water safety, land training, and technical instruction. No experience is required.
WHEN & WHERE?
Our gROWth program is a non-competitive 8-week training option – March 2 – April 30 (no practice during spring break).
Location: Tulsa Rowing Club Boathouse
Time: 5pm – 6:30pm
Practice with our competitive program on land. This includes cross-training with activities such as running, HIIT workouts, rowing on a Concept2 machine, basic & free weight training, yoga, or possibly circuit training.
Location: TU Tank – Mabee Gym, University of Tulsa Campus
Time: 5pm – 7pm
Location: Catoosa – Verdigris River
- $400 for 8 weeks of training, payable in full at time of registration
- $15 for a 12-month USRowing Basic Membership & Waiver
- Includes one TYRA gROWth shirt
- Up-to-date USRowing Basic Membership with digitally signed waiver (both done at the same time through USRowing)
- Proof of swimming ability (Swim Test)
- Annual Physical Exam
Once registered, you will be emailed and provided additional information regarding the gROWth Program for Spring 2022.