Rowing Clinic Schedule (Adults Only)
University of Tulsa
Mabee Gym – Zink Rowing Tank Room
(click above for a map to show location)
December 7th, 2019
Register By Sending An Email To firstname.lastname@example.org (2 spots remain!) Limited Availability
Morning Session (9 am to 11:30 am)
- Welcome and Introduction.
- Setting the machine up correctly.
- Why drag factor is more important than setting the fan.
- Learning how to connect with the machine.
- The biomechanics of rowing.
- The ideal warm-up drill.
- A sequence for teaching stroke sequence.
- Connection technique.
- Learning to hang off the handle and push the machine away.
- Technical drills to improve technique and power application.
Free Lunch (Provided by TYRA) (11:30 am to 12:15 pm)
Afternoon Session (12:15 pm to 3:00 pm)
- Discussion of gROW Tulsa STEM and outreach initiatives.
- Evaluating mobility for peak rowing performance.
- Identifying the major technical faults and how to fix.
- Providing feedback to help improve the athlete.
- Using the force curve to evaluate athlete technique and power application.
- Using apps and video analysis to enhance the biomechanics of the stroke.
- Training methodologies and the science for maximal power application.
- Why rate cap workouts?
- Measuring technique. (Time Permitting)
- Questions and answers section.
- Conclusion and thanks!
You must be logged in to post a comment.