The Tulsa Youth Rowing Association are looking for 7/8th grade and high school-aged athletes to join their competitive program. The team regularly competes on the national level and our athletes are also successful in gaining college scholarships at universities all over the US. The team will be hosting summer camps in June and July to allow participants to try rowing for the first time.
Who & What? The Tulsa Youth Rowing Association (TYRA) will run Three weekly summer camps are open to all 7th through 12th grade student athletes. In past years, our summer camps included on the water instruction.
No experience is required. Participants have the opportunity to join the competitive team or the recreational gROWth program in the Fall upon completion of a camp.
Where & When? All weekly camps run Monday through Friday 5:00-7:00pm.
How Much? The cost for your first week of camp is $125, payable in full at time of registration.
If this is not your first week of camp, the cost for this week is $75, payable in full at time of registration
- Masks must be worn on arrival and departure from the boathouse.
- Social distancing guidelines (6ft) will be enforced.
- Athlete temperatures will be taken on arrival. Any athlete with a temperature greater than 99.5 will not be allowed to participate.
- All participants must complete the on-line US Rowing Waiver (see instructions under Download Forms).
- A Summer Camp Informational Packet is available under Download Forms.
- All participants should dress appropriately (Athletic shoes and clothing are recommended for each day, long and baggy shorts are not recommended as they may get caught in equipment gear).
- All participants should bring a full water bottle and sunscreen, athletes that arrive without water will not be allowed to participate.
Week 1: June 21st through 25th
Week 2: June 28th through July 2nd
Week 3: July 5th through July 9th
Cost: $125 for 1 week of instruction, $75 for additional camps per week.
The club has worked extremely hard to build a program that provides the opportunity for the youth of Tulsa to participate in the sport of rowing. The club is a supportive, yet challenging environment for student-athletes from many schools across the region to come together and represent the city of Tulsa. The sport of rowing is a fun and rewarding discipline that teaches the value of hard work, teamwork, perseverance, and mental resilience.
For more information about the TYRA program please contact club president Stephanie Reynolds at 918 520 3366 or via email at email@example.com.