Tulsa Youth Rowing Association is seeking coaches for its juniors rowing program. Currently, the organization has about 50 members (recreational and competitive), but will be expanding during the fall, winter and spring to accommodate an increasing interest in this sport. These positions require a motivated and organized leader who enjoys working with high school age rowers and can motivate and cooperate with rowers and other coaches.
The amount of time required to fulfill the requirements of the position will vary based on position but applicants can expect to coach at least 2 days per week if hired to coach with the recreational group (or as a strength and conditioning coach), at least 4 days per week if hired to coach the novice team, and at least 5 days per week if hired to work with the varsity team. Applicants seeking to coach the competitive team (novice and/or varsity) should also be prepared to travel with the team on at least three weekends (per school semester) to out of town regattas and also attend meetings and various team functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Coaching of high school athletes from beginners to advanced.
– Supervision and coordination of practices with an emphasis on safety.
– Some equipment maintenance. Knowledge of rigging a plus, but not required.
– Travel with the team and be available for weekend competitions.
– Work with other coaches to develop the TYRA rowing program.
– Recruitment of prospective athletes.
– Management of equipment
– Management of coaching staff
– Assist with fundraising events.
There is a salary available for successful applicants. Paycheck commensurate with experience and level of responsibility.
Please send all applications/resume and references (3) for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information (918) 906-5233. Applicants must be able to pass a background check through the USRowing preferred system.