Studies Indicate Rowing/Crew Provides Best Chance of College Athletic Scholarship
The results from a recent survey indicate that rowing is the best option for male and female athletes statistically speaking.
A recent survey that used statistics published by the NCAA and the National Federation of State High School Associations indicated that one in every six male rowers ends up receiving a college scholarship. For female athletes the results are even better with one out of every two athletes involved in the sport of rowing achieve the same result.
If you live in Tulsa and the surrounding area you have that opportunity at TYRA. Our top quality coaches have the experience, commitment and passion to make this a possibility for you provided you are ready to do the work. If you are willing to work hard at your academics and bring that same focus to the boathouse, you have the chance to open future doors.
Our next introductory week is open to all 8th grade through 12 grade student athletes in the area. Click here to join.
College Recruitment Resources
- University of Tulsa Athletic Department compliance page
- NCAA Rowing Home Page
- Where do all of the college rowing teams rank?
- What is a National Letter of Intent (NLI)?
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- PDF download guide for the student athlete
- Recruitment – Answers to some frequently asked questions
- A very clear outline about acceptable protocols for communication between prospective recruits and athletes.